Sunday, August 12, 2012

El Vaquero Loco - 50km

Quick Results - 3rd place in just under 6 hours.

GREAT RUN! What a beautiful course! Wildflowers were in full color and the mountain scenery was world class awesome.  I am not sure if I can remember a race with so much high quality running and so little in the way of junk running . . . this was the first time I had really done much more than travel through Wyoming's Star Valley and this gave me an entirely new appreciation for the area.  It is definitely spectacular.

I felt like I had a good day out on the trails in terms of actually running, but what really stands out for me is how beautiful the whole day was -- waterfalls, snowfields, creeks, springs, mountains, lakes, glaciated valleys, and cool single track.  Not sure it gets much better.  Oh, yeah, on top of everything else the course was mostly runnable despite having almost 9,000 feet of climbing.  Good times!

No comments:

Post a Comment