Friday, July 13, 2012

A String Cheese Run . . .

The morning after seeing String Cheese Incident play up in Deer Valley, I decided the best way to return to Salt Lake would be via the trails . . . so after shaking out the cobwebs and attempting to rehydrate from a night of dancing, I made my way into the mountains.

I slowly worked my way through the ski area in search of a trail/service road that would connect me to the Mid-mountain trail that traverses pretty much the entirety of the Park City side of the Wasatch.  My basic plan/idea was to run along the MMT until crossing over to either the Wasatch Crest or one of a couple of trails that seem to do a decent job of connecting upper Millcreek to the Canyons (no need to build any more chairlifts).  About 6 or 7 miles into the MMT I came across a sign pointing me in the direction of the Wasatch Crest and was able to climb on a fairly mellow trail all the way to a point just beyond Scott's Pass.  I hadn't been on this section of trail before, and think it would be a great way to work out some solid loops combining a decent chunk of the Wasatch 100 course with the Park City trail system . . . anyhow once I got on top of the crest it was pretty self explanatory running the rest of the way to Millcreek.

I ended up coming down via Baker Springs and into the Terraces picnic site in Millcreek -- this was basically a water-need determined decision so I could fill up at the spring after going a decent chunk of the way dry -- and found a pretty quick hitch-ride into town.  In total I went just over 30 miles and was able to kind of plan out/scout a more demanding route for the future.  Anyhow, this was a fun way to turn a concert into a bit of an adventure . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment