Saturday, June 9, 2012

Final Long Run Until BH100 . . .

Finished up 30 miles today (most of it with Brian, which provided a nice chance to catch up and get in some quality social time) . . . ran about 17/18 miles yesterday with a bit more vertical stress . . . and my legs are excited for taper time.  I plan to taper for the next two weeks by dropping down to recovery mileage next week (about 60 miles) and then a pretty standard race week countdown -- like 6-5-4 or 5-4-3 . . . I have mentioned this before, but tapering is a stress for me; however, especially coming off of Squaw Peak and then running pretty solid miles all week this week, I know it is time to recuperate before heading to South Dakota.

Anyhow, the main thing I was trying to watch and/or keep track of this week was how well my legs would bounce back from SP50 and whether or not I could pull off a full week of training after running a bit harder than I planned last weekend . . . seems to have gone relatively well.  I have had some general exhaustion all week, but was able to not only put in decent mileage but also got some good climbing in yesterday and did a modified tempo workout earlier in the week . . . so hopefully my body will use the next couple of weeks to recharge and my mind will keep from obsessing about racing and just enjoy having a bit of a break before being put to the test once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment