Thursday, May 24, 2012

hello?!

If you forget your password, it has obviously been a while since you wrote anything . . .

Training is in full swing for the Black Hills 100 coming up towards the end of June.  Today I ran around 3500 vertical in about 17 miles as a kinda BH100 simulation.  My thinking goes and/or went as such -- I need to get used to quick bursts of up-down activity and the course I ran today simulated this idea by including about 9 climbs and descents in a rather short amount of running (each climb consisted of roughly 300 to 400 vertical feet and was followed by a similar descent).  Although the BH100 doesn't look massive in terms of big time climbs, the elevations seems to be ever-changing and I felt the need to at least somewhat mimic that idea today . . . in terms of getting ready for the Black Hills, too much of my everyday running probably consists of big climbs and/or descents that come natural to the terrain around here.




No comments:

Post a Comment