Sunday, March 6, 2011

Training

I ended up clocking about 70 miles for the week, which was actually a bit more than I planned on;however, it seemed like the right jump in distance and well within the 10 percent rule . . . more important than the distance was the fact that I got two days of good climbing in rather rough conditions: snow, mud, rain, ice, and a little bit of sun. In terms of distance I am hoping to bring my mileage up over the next 6 weeks and then pretty much maintain a 90-100 mile week-to-week training schedule until Western. I am never sure what is enough, what is too much, and what is purely slacker mileage; however, it seems like my perfect peak zone lies somewhere in the 90 - 100 mile range . . .

A couple of cool moments from the week included a massive elk clomping around in the snow just above me on the hillside, a bunch of deer kicking it on the side of the trail, and a good social run in the sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment